Hey all, I know it’s been a while since I’ve written. It’s amazing how busy a girl can get with a ful time job, 1/2 time college, a huge garden, a 5 year old, and 4 animals to look after. It’s a wonder I’m able to type this now!
Today’s post is just a quick look into Jenn’s Guide to Mastering Your Universe:
I think that part of maturing as a person is letting go of things. It has taken me time, but I’ve learned to let go of things that have happened in the past that I held onto for far too long. It seems like, if you can do that, then the little frustrations that arise from day to day don’t have as big of an impact. You start to understand what really matters in life and are able to live in the present instead of bearing the burden of your past.
These are the guidelines I’ve been living by, and I think that others can benefit from hearing these words:
1. Don’t waste time holding a grudge. Life’s too short and you should spend your energy enjoying it, not carrying around feelings of contempt.
2. Focus on the things that you can control and that are within your power to change. There comes a time in everyone’s life where they have to stop blaming others for who they’ve become and take action to mold themselves into who they want to be. You can’t change the events of the past, but you can certainly work to change your future.
3. Anger may come and go, but the things you say can impact someone for a life time. We’re all guilty of saying things in the heat of the moment or when frustrations run high. Sometimes these words can hurt much more than we anticipate, and sting for much longer than we could have imagined.
4. Don’t jump to conclusions. It’s easy to see and/or hear something and assume you know the whole story. The truth is, you will probably never understand with 100% certainty what is going on in someone else’s head. Things may not be what you assume them to be. If you’re confused about a situation, ask questions. The answers and reasons behind someone’s actions may surprise you.
5. If you hurt someone, apologize. Mean it.
These are just a few of the items in Jenn’s guide to Mastering Your Universe. 🙂
Feel free to share any other tips if you feel inclined. 😀